A recipe of blurbs by a hungry dad-filled with sarcasm, truth, and a dash of that rare ingredient, common sense.

Friday, July 29, 2011

The Hookers Union

I ended up going out on Thursday night with a few friends for beers and dinner so I didn’t have time to write a proper original post. So to make up for it here is a great little email joke that I got a while back that illustrates that not all unions are a good thing.


A dedicated Teamsters union worker was attending a convention in Las Vegas and decided to check out the local brothels.

When he got to the first one, he asked the Madam, "Is this a union house?"

"No,” she replied, "I'm sorry it isn't."

"Well, if I pay you $100, what cut do the girls get?"

"The house gets $80 and the girls get $20,” she answered.

Offended at such unfair dealings, the union man stomped off down the street in search of a more equitable, hopefully unionized shop.

His search continued until finally he reached a brothel where the Madam responded, "Why yes sir, this is a union house. We observe all union rules."

The man asked, "And, if I pay you $100, what cut do the girls get?"

"The girls get $80 and the house gets $20."

"That's more like it!" the union man said.

He handed the Madam $100, looked around the room, and pointed to a stunningly attractive green-eyed blonde.

"I'd like her," he said.

"I'm sure you would, sir," said the Madam.

Then she gestured to a 92-year old woman in the corner, "but Ethel here has 67 years seniority and according to union rules, she's next.”

36 comments:

  1. I've already sent it to my buddy the Union business agent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Al, great gums is way better than great teeth.

    @ Lurker, thanks.

    @ Mel, yes I sure am.

    @ Lass, yep.

    @ George, that is golden.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I laughed out loud (yup...I can even spell the words, I'm so resisting the acronym business)

    And yet this joke shows the dark side of the "force" - well done!

    Cheers, Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Drake, I have heard that.

    @ Kage, I love all women.

    @ Mama, glad you like it.

    @ Pearson, the dark side is always around here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ethel's nickname is Dusty. Want to know why? Take off her knickers and blow... you'll understand.

    Great joke. I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ethel is one busy woman. I should get my grandmother in that union...make her earn her keep. Sorry...that was in horrible taste. *thinks a moment* Yeah...that'd never work.

    I have often given some semi-serious thought to heading to Vegas and opening up my own little whorehouse. I'm pretty sure I'd make a bitching Madam.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, she might know a trick or two. If your eyes are closed......!!! haha. Very funny.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Sarah, most people usually say that about what I write.

    @ Lost, that is hilarious.

    @ Jewels, yep you would make a great madam.

    @ Barb, that is very true.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jackie Martling did a great joke about the International House of Sex in Vegas. I can't find the text or the audio for it, but look for it if you haven't heard it. It's a classic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OT, you never cease to bring the laughs! Thanks for that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have to say I'm pretty much bummed out I didn't see any Vegas hookers. I thought FOR SURE I'd see at least one, but no. Complete disappointment.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's awesome! Business working for the workers...just like it was meant to be! But can I just say...ewwww!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Al makes a good point. I wonder, do you have to pay extra for no teeth? Blah.

    ReplyDelete
  14. @ Joshua, I will have to check that out.

    @ Bro, thanks but I didn't write it, I just shared it.

    @ Vinny, thanks.

    @ Virgin, you are welcome.

    @ Sara, that sucks I wanted you to see some as well so you can post pictures.

    @ Random, yep.

    @ Vixen, I sure would hope so.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is rare that I come across an email joke I I have not heard/read before but this is one of them and I didn't see the punch line coming.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is a good one. I shudder at the thought.

    ReplyDelete
  17. i started laughing when i read this, but now i feel sad

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a horrible union! No pension plan so poor Ethel has to work at her age.
    That just makes me so sad.

    ReplyDelete
  19. @ Jo-Anne, glad you liked it.

    @ Bushman, same here.

    @ Littlejohn, I am sorry.

    @ Dr Cynicism, same thing I said when I read it.

    @ Ruth, no shit.

    @ Writer, thanks.

    @ Sassy, exactly.

    @ Becca, yes it is.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'll bet she has a "acute angina."
    bah da boom...

    ReplyDelete
  21. have something for you at my blog

    http://www.everydaylifes.com/2011/08/look-mom-its-butterfly.html

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so please leave one for me.