Here is another from my series of “Meal Mondays” and this one is Shrimp (or as they say in the dirty south, skrimp) Pasta Salad. This is a great meal which is good served hot or cold and can be used as left overs for days.
The only down side to this meal is that you need a large Tupperware that you can mix up the salad in and also use to store the leftovers.
1) 3 bags of mixed pasta.
2) 3 cans of slice black olives.
3) 1 jar of grated parmesan cheese.
4) 3 pounds of peeled, cooked, tail less shrimp.
5) 1 jar of pesto.
1) Boil the 3 bags of the pasta in a large pot.
2) Defrost and cook the shrimp in a large skillet with some butter over low heat. Be careful as to not overcook the shrimp as they will shrink a lot when cooked.
3) When the pasta is done, drain the pasta and put the pasta into the large Tupperware.
4) Mix in the shrimp with the pasta.
5) Mix in the whole jar of the pesto.
6) Mix in the 3 jars of the black olives.
7) Mix in the grated parmesan cheese.
8) Thoroughly mix all the ingredients together and serve.
Then sit back and enjoy the mixture of flavors as you devour the pasta. This meal to me is a quick easy one to make and it will last you forever. I eat a bunch of this hot and then take it to work to eat for lunch for 3 or 4 days.