Well I said from time to time I would write about different things and recipes, so here goes my first recipe in a series I will call “Meal Mondays”. And this one is a little gem called “Bacon wrapped, cream cheese filled jalapenos.”
Now I did not invent this meal, but I did perfect it (well at least in my mind I did). This jalapeno filled greatness is best served as an appetizer when you are grilling some bbq, steaks, or fajitas. And you can either put them on the grill or bake them in the oven.
The ingredients to this meal are simple and limited to four items, and should serve 4-6 people. Unless you are a greedy bastard like I am, then your friends/family/guests will not have as many. You will see what I am talking about when you get them finished and are eating them.
1) 20 of the largest jalapenos you can find at the store.
2) 1 jar of tooth picks.
3) 1 package of bacon.
4) 1 container of spreadable Philadelphia Cream Cheese.
The preparation for the peppers is very lengthy and tedious I will say, but it is SO WORTH it when you are eating them.
1) Take the jalapenos and slice off the tail end of each one.
2) Slice the jalapenos length wise down the middle of the pepper.
3) Take each jalapeno and take out all of the guts and seeds. You can use a small knife for this step but it is really easier if you have a little melon baller to use.
4) Rinse all of the peppers off in the sink to make sure you get all of the seeds out. And set them in a colander to dry. At this point if you bought 20 peppers, you should have 40 halves to eat.
5) Take the cream cheese and with a butter knife slowly spread the cream cheese into each half of the jalapenos and set them aside on a baking sheet.
6) Take the package of bacon and open it and slice the bacon (all at once) in half.
7) Then take a slice of the back and wrap it around a jalapeno and put a tooth pick through the bacon into the pepper until it comes out the other side of the bacon. Repeat this step until you have done all of the jalapenos.
8) Either bake the peppers in the oven at 350 for 20-30 minutes until the bacon is crispy (this is due to the different thicknesses of bacon). Or put them on the gas or charcoal grill for 30-40 minutes.
Now that you have cooked them I would let them cool for around 5-10 minutes. Then prepare yourself for the oral orgasm you are about to have.
You get a crispy bite at the beginning followed by hotness from the pepper chased up with a cool sensation from the cream cheese. Your guests will thank you for the delicious meal you cooked for them.
I would recommend using the oven to cook them as it has less flare ups from the fire and is usually quicker, but you can do it however you want.
Also a warning to the person who prepares this meal, don’t go to the bathroom and touch yourself as it will burn like a motherfucker. I would also recommend no sex that night either, well at least no sex that involves fingering or getting fingered if you are a lady. Also don’t rub your eyes for a few days either.
Let me know how this turns out for you.
This is what they look like before cooking them.